Healing through hypnosis

Certification Certificate - Certified Hypnotherapist

Hypnotherapists Union Local 472 (HU Local 472)

Date Awarded: August 2015

Certification Certificate - Certified Hypnotist

Sylvia Browne Hypnosis Training Center (SBHTC)

Date Awarded: December 2013

Certificate of Completion in Hypnosis Training

Sylvia Browne Hypnosis Training Center (SBHTC)

Start: April 2010 - Graduated: April 2010

Total hours of instruction: 63        Total weeks: 1

Director's Award

Hypnosis Motivation Institute - Nationally Accredited College of Hypnotherapy

Date Awarded: September 2014

Academic Achievement Award

Hypnosis Motivation Institute - Nationally Accredited College of Hypnotherapy

Date Awarded: September 2014

Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Honors

Hypnosis Motivation Institute (HMI) - Nationally Accredited College of Hypnotherapy

Start: October 2013 - Graduated: October 2014

Total hours of instruction: 720        Total weeks: 52        Total Years: 1

Education & Credentials

"LOVE. I readily give my love to anyone in need of it. I'm rich with love and I spend it every chance I get. Love isn't something you should keep to yourself. Give your love away to everyone, and there would be no more hurt in the world. Love is passion. Love is truth, healing and should always be unconditional. Nothing gets in the way of it. LOVE CONQUERS ALL. And that is beautiful." - Jonathan Hyde

Our Philosophy

Team Work

We have a better success rate when we work as a team. The subconscious mind is about 88% of the overall mind and the remaining 12% is your consciousness. Your hypnotherapist will work with the 88% and you'll work with the 12% and together, we'll have better odds of having a 100% success rate. In addition to hypnotherapy, some issues are best treated by a Doctor or Psychologist / Psychiatrist as well. With your written permission, we will also work with your doctor or psychologist to increase your odds of success. After all, your goal is our mission.

We believe in the healing aspects of hypnosis and what's possible when we make your goals our mission. Healing through Hypnosis is our motto. Your healing can come in several different forms. Let's take an obvious thing such as smoking as an example. When you quit smoking, there's several physiological changes that take place in your body from 2 minutes after quitting to 10 years after quitting. People already know the direct health improvement that takes place after someone quits, so there's no need to go into the details on that one. Something that might not be so obvious is worry. Worry is created in the mind and sometimes that worry if not expressed or vented will spread into the body creating what's known as "body syndromes" which has a very real sensation in the physical body that might go so far as creating a medical problem depending on the severity. Remove or ease the worry in the mind and the physical changes will follow. When the mind is in a state of "dis-ease" then the physical body will sometimes create a related disease. Problems start in the mind. If you have the ability to create a problem, you also have the ability to remove it as well.

About John

Jonathan Hyde Hypnosis

Jonathan Hyde is a life long resident of Torrance and has been practicing hypnosis since April of 2010. He first studied hypnosis at the Sylvia Browne Hypnosis Training Center (SBHTC) in San Jose, CA where he got his first certification and continued his education at the "Harvard of Hypnotherapy Colleges" the Hypnosis Motivation Institute (HMI) in Tarzana, CA where he got his second certification and is the location of his other office. He graduated from HMI with honors and won both the Academic Achievement Award and the prestigious Director's Award. HMI is the only college of hypnotherapy to be Nationally Accredited. John has a straight forward approach. He's not the "beat around the bush" type. He will try to bring out the cause when necessary to help you face your problem. It's only once the cause to the problem has revealed it's self that the real work can begin. 


One of the interesting things about John is the fact that he has a condition called "Face Blindness" or Prosopagnosia as it's scientifically know. Face Blindness is the difficulty or inability to recognize people by their faces. It's not uncommon for him to say "nice to meet you" to people he's met and talked with before. He specializes in hypnotherapy to help with Face Blindness.


While he specializes in Relationship Strategies and has different certifications, the only thing he truly cares about is the well-being of others. The main driving force behind him in his endeavors of healing and self-improvement is Unconditional Love and understanding, So you can rest assured you're in good hands.